Law Journal Y! Alert: Legal Blog Watch ~ lawyer,attorney,legal information
User-agent: * Allow: /

Search This Blog

SEARCH

Friday, April 15, 2011

Y! Alert: Legal Blog Watch


Yahoo! Alerts
My Alerts

The latest from Legal Blog Watch


Friday's Three Burning Legal Questions
Here are today's three burning legal questions, along with the answers provided by the blogosphere. 1) Question: Why did Facebook delete my account after I made Gustave Courbet's 1886 oil painting "The Origin of the World" my profile picture? Can I sue them for this? Answer: Facebook is pretty firm on the idea that a painting of a woman's vagina may not be used for a profile picture. As to your lawsuit, there are a handful of other Courbet fans kicked off Facebook who will be following closely. (Gawker, The Famous Vagina Painting That Facebook Doesn't Want You to See [note: probably not suitable for work viewing either]) 2) Question: OK, so I posted some copyright-protected stuff to YouTube, like a zillion other people. What are they going to do, put me in YouTube jail? Ha! Answer: There is no YouTube jail but get ready to spend some time in YouTube copyright school, you scofflaw! (ars technica, YouTube sending repeat infringers to copyright school) 3) Question: I'm sitting down to write my brief to be filed in the state Supreme Court, and I'm thinking about going a different direction with it. That is, I plan to compare my client to...
 

CREATE MORE ALERTS:

Auctions - Find out when new auctions are posted

Horoscopes - Receive your daily horoscope

Music - Get the newest Album Releases, Playlists and more

News - Only the news you want, delivered!

Stocks - Stay connected to the market with price quotes and more

Weather - Get today's weather conditions




You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

0 comments:

Post a Comment